McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154 is mostly occurred due to an auto-update problem. If during an update, the two important .dll files (i.e SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll file) went missing. These files generally holding a set of codes and instructions, particularly related to an auto-update condition.
McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154 Generally Causes by Two Reasons:
- A .dll file went missing or get unregistered due to the installation of any other software. Even if you update your VirusScan Enterprises software incompletely.
- McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154 also occurs when there is an issue in the common frame folder.
In both cases, your system will encounter McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154.
Expedient solution for McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154
Before you go for the solutions make ensure that McAfee Common Framework is running in your system background and check whether SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll files are still in your system or not. It is important to check before you dive into the solutions.
Registering back SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll files
- Click on your Computer logo, access your C: drive
- Get into Program Files and locate McAfee folder
- Open Common frame file inside McAfee folder
- Check whether SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll are present or not.
If both SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll are present then you can proceed for further steps. Otherwise, you can copy the same .dll files from any other system. Follow the same path, copy .dll files and paste it inside your system’s common frame folder.
- After having .dll files into the common frame folder.
- Start Command Prompt (CMD) in your system
- When Command Prompt Open.
Write a code: “Regsvr32.exe” and press enter
- Using command prompt, access the command folder again.
- You’ll get a confirmation message that your SecureFrameworkFactory.dll files are successfully registered.
- Press Ok and complete the process.
- Follow the same steps for SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll and register it.
After registering the .dll files, restart McAfee Common Framework and update it. Now you’ll notice that there is no McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154 message.
Registering Back McAfee Framework files and Windows Files
Before using this solution, make ensure your McAfee service is not running in your system’s background, to do so:
Stop McAfee Agent Services
- Use search program & file option and open task manager.
- Click on the Service tab provided below the menu ribbon.
- Click on the services button provided at the bottom of that window.
- You’ll get another window written services on its top and application running on the right-hand side.
- Search for McAfee Agent Services and right-click on it.
- Select the stop option.
Registering back McAfee Common Framework
- Open the command prompt and access your c: drive.
- Access program files and the McAfee folder within it.
- Access the common framework,
- write a code for :
“%m in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %m”
- After completion of the registration process.
- Now, you have to register Windows .dll files through the command prompt
- Use below code to access the Windows folder :
- Press enter and write the code written below, to register the Windows files:
“%m in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %m”
- After completion of the registration of files.
- Exit from the command prompt.
Start back McAfee Agent Services
- Click on the search program & file option.
- Type task manager. Press Ok.
- Select the services tab and then click on the services button provided at the bottom.
- Another window will open with services written on its top.
- Search for McAfee Agent Services from the application running on the right side of the window.
- Right-click on McAfee Agent Services.
- Select on start.
If in any case, both solutions won’t work for you then you have to resolve it by installing your VirusScan Enterprises application as well as McAfee Agent also and install them again in your system but make ensure when you delete or uninstall VirusScan Enterprises application and McAfee Agent, there are no files remains in your system as they can create the same error again.
To know more about McAfee products, McAfee Common Framework Returned Error 80040154 and other McAfee errors. You can visit our site and make a call on our number.