McAfee provides an excellent service in Spyware protection, drive endpoint data encryption, disk endpoint data encryption and in McAfee Online Backup Error. McAfee safeguards your data from outsiders and infected programs installed by hackers to get the hand on your system files.
McAfee Online Backup Error Reasons
McAfee helps the users, it saves your information and data. By backing up your data into his web portal or within your system, it is very rare that you’ll get McAfee Online Backup Error.
- In case, If you accidentally install third-party software from an unknown source and got your system files corrupted. You have not to take stress, because you can recover it from McAfee online web portal or you can also use the auto-backup feature and you’ll be saved from McAfee Online Backup Error.
- McAfee Online Backup Error may also occur due to user mistakes. During the installation, if the user doesn’t allow for auto-update feature then there is no backup of your data. In this case, you can neither recover it from McAfee online Web portal or from your system.
- If Dat files were not updated in your system, even in that case you will encounter McAfee Online Backup Error. As enable enhanced self-protection is integrated below AP(access protection) settings by McAfee VirusScan Enterprises. Under which xdat.exe file needs to be verified by a trusted party.
- Crashing of table iV_packetlog files from the system, it may have got corrupted and requires repairing to resolve McAfee Online Backup Error.
Recovering Back-Up Files
You can recover all the files. But you can also view and select back up files that you find important through
- Windows default Internet Explorer and
- McAfee Software tool.
Note: You can only download backup files of 30 days from your last backup.
If you don’t back up your files every day or once in 3 days, then you might lose your data to this feature as it dumps it after 30 days.
Check Status of McAfee Online Back-Up Files
For accessing your back up files, you have to download the McAfee Online Backup Software and access the database cloud.
With the help of the software, you can:
- Change settings of your files
- Restore your files
- Check history and status details
Resolve McAfee Online Backup Error Using Online Software
- After downloading and installation of Software.
- Execute McAfee Online Software
- Either you will get a shortcut launcher icon on your screen or if not,
- Launch it from the upward arrow given on the screen (show hidden icons)
- Click on the Status tab
- Go to Settings and then click on more settings
- Now, You can change settings.
- Select the History tab, you can see on the top of the panel, there are different options are given to function to perform
- You can see the previous effort to recovery if any.
- Select the backup or restore option.
- Select any file to select the option to view the file in default Internet Explorer
- You will have the option to download files
Resolve McAfee Online Backup Error Using the ePO Console & DAT file
- Open ePO Console. Enter into Access protection
- Disable enable enhanced self-protection options.
- Share your network first with another one and run the DAT file
- Now you can enable enhanced self-protection options again using ePO Console.
Resolve McAfee Online Backup Error By Repairing Table iv_packetlog Files
- First, you have to disable network-manager
- Then access Comand Prompt from Start Menu
- Enter command and change directory to database/bin.
- Then enter into install directory
- Enter: CD McAfee\Network Security Manager\MySQL\Bin
- Login McAfee Network Security Manager
- Write “mysql -uadmin -p” and hit enter
- To repair the packet log files, enter command “repair table iV_packetlog”
- Press enter
- A table will appear on your system screen.
- Now you have to execute dbadmin.bat file
- At last restart the McAfee network security manager.
Now, you have solutions for McAfee Online Backup Error. You can opt for any solution that suits you. If you get stuck at any step, feel free to contact us via call. We have 24×7 tech services, with our experts on your side help you solve any issue regarding McAfee Backup files, how you can restore them or delete them from your system and any other issues for which you might be looking for solutions.